BITS N BYTES

Sysmac Studio Improvement Request

232 posts in this topic

The auto update list shows the version you have currently  installed.  Click the + next to it to see the version number which will be installed.

Can we have an improved method of generating screenshots?

Currently, printing a page only prints what is directly on that page and does not include any background pages associated with it.

i.e. If you use a background page for a common set of controls for example - these are not included.

This makes producing screenshots for documentation a pain.

16 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Can we have an improved method of generating screenshots?

Currently, printing a page only prints what is directly on that page and does not include any background pages associated with it.

i.e. If you use a background page for a common set of controls for example - these are not included.

This makes producing screenshots for documentation a pain.

I screen shot in the simulator.  That way it looks just like the end result.

On 08/11/2017 at 5:39 AM, Crossbow said:

I screen shot in the simulator.  That way it looks just like the end result.

Fair enough, and I do it that way too. Would be nice to have a button to push that generates them all for you, especially if you have a lot of them. First world problem perhaps :)

1 hour ago, hwanghuatyong@hotmail.com said:

How to create a Function with Any Data Type of In/Out variable as per picture below?

Simply said, we can't :D

1 person likes this

Is there any method to get number of member on a structure Data Type?

Example: There are 9 members on s_Seq structure as per picture below.

Pic.jpg

Edited by hwanghuatyong@hotmail.com

No, a structure has to be defined in advance, so you know exactly how many members are in it when you define it.

It's possible now to create arrays with an unknown number of entries, and there are functions to return the number of the lowest and highest used.

1 person likes this

On 7/20/2018 at 10:58 PM, Crossbow said:

No, a structure has to be defined in advance, so you know exactly how many members are in it when you define it.

It's possible now to create arrays with an unknown number of entries, and there are functions to return the number of the lowest and highest used.

Actually, i have few structures are all boolean's Data Type.

But all these structure are different in number of member. 

My plan is write common Function/Function Block to do some calculation on these structures.

But the problem is i can't know the number of members on this structure i passing to the function/function block.

I cant use array for this features because of limitation during modify or changes program.

it would be good if different CVS such as Subversion or Mercurial could work with SS, without mandating the use of a specific version for team works. Of course is possible using these other CVS as of now, but a deeper integration like the one made available for GIT should be offered.

I have 2 machines are same PLC Program.

But machine come with different Revision of Omron 1S Servo Drive.

Every time, after i change machine 1's program, i need reconfigure the EtherCat network before download program into the machine 2. 

Is there anyway to bypass the Sysmac Studio revision checking?

Machine 1 Network Configuration:

5b694369c5a79_Machine1.jpg.7135df176058b

Machine 2 Network Configuration:

5b690eec27e14_Machine2.jpg.b59f7eb35fb75

Edited by hwanghuatyong@hotmail.com

Nope, that's a feature of EtherCAT.  Different revisions of devices may have different capabilities and I/O signals.  But if you go online, right click on the Master, and select 'Compare and Merge' the differences can be quickly fixed.  Since they are servos, doing Compare and Merge may disconnect them from the motion axes, so that would need to be checked.

And the software improvement recommendations thread is not the place to be asking questions.  Create a topic when you have a question.

I have been using Sysmac for about 5-6years now, from about V1.06 - having mainly used Mits GX-IEC and TrioMotion.

And still being the only one in my company using the NJ - it can get lonely at times... 

I stumbled across this thread while looking for a method to accomplish registered film positioning (what i would use a REG_Input and MoveModify in Trio) - 

MC_MoveFeed in SS should suit me just fine for now.

There wasn't much resource knocking about in 2012/13 - its great to read through the thread and see others highlighting things that had bugged me over the years that up until today i was still frustrated by - all my outputs now align to the Right :-)  and i can now create Local Variables directly from the ST !!!!

- and when i get chance I'm going to check out creating a union to directly address bits in an INT/DINT - this is something i used to find really useful as i use Beijers HMIs not Omron.

Anyway - Thanks GUYS!!

@Crossbow @twstevic

On 9/9/2018 at 9:45 AM, Lyrical_CT said:

- and when i get chance I'm going to check out creating a union to directly address bits in an INT/DINT - this is something i used to find really useful as i use Beijers HMIs not Omron.

@Crossbow @twstevic

Can't do that.  Unions are only for the bit string data types like BIT, BYTE, WORD, DWORD, LWORD.

I want the ability to create separate groups of strings- kind of like how alarm strings are kept separate from the general strings.  I use labels with dynamic text and the '"string_name" & variable' expression a lot.  I use it to display status messages, model type names, etc.  It would be really handy to be able to create separate groups for each of these string groupings, just to keep everything organized.

2 hours ago, AngryRobot said:

I want the ability to create separate groups of strings- kind of like how alarm strings are kept separate from the general strings.

See my post in this thread. Is this the function you are looking for?

On 11/23/2018 at 7:57 AM, AngryRobot said:

I want the ability to create separate groups of strings- kind of like how alarm strings are kept separate from the general strings.  I use labels with dynamic text and the '"string_name" & variable' expression a lot.  I use it to display status messages, model type names, etc.  It would be really handy to be able to create separate groups for each of these string groupings, just to keep everything organized.

Why not create different resources lists?  You can make a bunch of them.

Well, spank me and call me a moron.  I did not realize I could create new resource lists.

On 11/28/2018 at 11:02 AM, AngryRobot said:

Well, spank me and call me a moron.  I did not realize I could create new resource lists.

Yeah, since about HMI firmware 1.05 or so.

On 7/13/2014 at 9:11 PM, BITS N BYTES said:

Really miss the ability to have individual element properties for instructions as available in CX-Programmer. Please, please add this to Sysmac Studio.

Its available you just select particular element (Instruction Block) then press F1 key it will show automatically element help.

26 minutes ago, Madhura Magesh said:

Its available you just select particular element (Instruction Block) then press F1 key it will show automatically element help.

This is not what he means.  He means the ability to "comment" a particular coil, contact, Function or Function block.  This is a "comment" for the element and is not attached to the address associated with the element.

Just now, Michael Walsh said:

This is not what he means.  He means the ability to "comment" a particular coil, contact, Function or Function block.  This is a "comment" for the element and is not attached to the address associated with the element.

Oh oops.. I understand it like help function, sorry for confusion

Been in Sysmac Studio for a couple versions now.

1 person likes this

The ability to import/export multiple projects at once. 

You can transfer all your programs from PC to PC easily. Look in C:\OMRON\Data\Solution.

The files are very cryptic but each folder is a Sysmac Studio project. If you want to select specific projects, you can open the folder then view the *.manifest file. A little time consuming but effective.