Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RBmaintenance

sysmac s6 dinosaur

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a RIMA rs-12 counter stacker from the midieval times. It has a s6 plc. I have reprogrammed it using the EPROM module. I then installed the battery module. I got the battery failure fault and the stacker will not run. However my multimeter reads 3.45 volts on the battery. Any ideas on where to go from here will be much appreciated. Thanks

Obviously those battery modules are obsolete. I have successfully replaced the batteries in those modules by just cutting the wires and soldering a new one in its place. 3.6V lithium, if I remember correctly. Do you have the programming console? If your stacker will not run it is probably because you have lost your timer, counter or other volatile data settings. You'll need the console to input these values. Edited by IO_Rack

Hi thanks for the response. The programming console is actually built into the design of the stacker. I have reprogrammed the stacker many times, it will work for a short period of time and then lose its program. The battery reads 3.45 volts, maybe it's not quite enough and thats why I constantly get the battery failure fault? I will try a new battery, i found one for 52 usd. Can I just leave the EPROM module and run that way? the battery fault goes away while programming with the EPROM.

Here is a link to the Sysmac S6 Operation Manual. The battery fault should not affect the operation of the PLC. With a low battery, you would lose your program only when the power is cycled. Edited by IO_Rack
1 person likes this