Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wesley

PanelView Plus 1000 UpLoad Program

11 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I'm trying upload the program from HMI PanelView Plus 1000 because I need do some changes in the program, like add some buttons. It is the first time I do this, reading the manual, I saw that the program software is already pre-installed and I just need to put the HMI IP Address into the web browser. I already have the HMI IP address, so I put the HMI IP address into the web browser and the follow message appeared: FTVP Error Page FactoryTalk View Point Unable to open the Web application The FactoryTalk View ME application is not running on the terminal. Contact your System Administrator or try connecting later. Someone know what should I do to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

Not sure you are approaching this correctly. If it is a PanelView Plus 1000, you are looking to upload the .MER. This is accomplished from either the Factory Talk Studio for ME Transfer Application or via CompactFlash card. This .MER file can then possibly be restored to a project via the Application Manager. Once restored you would need a compatible version of Factory Talk Studio for ME to open and work on the project.

Yes, it is PV+ 1000 Forgive my inexperience, but how can I do this procedure?

Couple of quick questions: 1. What is the PV+1000 talking too? What PLC model? 2. Do you have any of the softwares I mentioned above?

I mean it is PanelViewl Plus 1000. I'm using a MicroLogix 1400. I have some folders called Factory Talk Tools, Factory Talk Activation and Factory Talk Adminstration Console. Right now I downloaded the program into a memorydisc, it gave me a file .MER and when I try open this file it says my operational system can't open this file. Edited by Wesley

The MER is can not be opened. It can sometimes be restored to the a development project by means of the Factory Talk View Studio Application Manager. The project is then worked on in the Factory Talk View Studio for Machine Edition software. To "work" on the project and add some pushbuttons, you will need to purchase and install this software. Is this an application that has been developed in-house? Or did this come with a machine from an equipment supplier or vendor? Did they give you backup files for the PLC and the HMI? For the PLC this would normally look like a projectname.ACD. For the HMI the backup files would be something like projectname.APA or .MER. What you are asking for is a simple and straightforward with the correct backup files and properly installed software. You are probably better off calling the equipment supplier and asking them to do the work for you.

I'll make sure if I really don't have this software... It came with a machine from a supplier, but I don't have the HMI backup file... Thank you very much for show me the way, I'm very pleased!

Your PLC progam will be projectname.RSS, not projectname.ACD. If you don't have the .apa file, you will need to restore the .mer file into a .apa file. To do this, open the FactoryTalk View Tools folder, and open Application Manager. Select "restore runtime file", point it to the .mer file, and click next through all the screens. There are plenty of ways for this to not work unfortunately - there could be a password required, you might not have the right version of software, and even if it does work, it corrupts all the security settings, so if there are any logins at all on this screen, they will have to be recreated before you download back to the PV. Good luck!

Hi my friends! Thanks all of you! I'm very pleased, very glad with your help :) Now I have the FactoryTalk Studio ME, I already converted the .MER file into a .APA file, and right now I'm editing the program.

Glad you got what you needed :) just remember that all the security (user logins) will be jumbled now - if you look in the "runtime security" section you'll see a whole lot of meaningless junk. You'll need to talk to someone who knows what all the logins were and re-create them :)

I have PV+ 1000 and during brownouts it loses signal to the PLC. What UPS would you suggest for the PV?