Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
papafrancisco

Micrologix 1500 LRP and AB Ethernet Module

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,I have a mcirologix 1500 LRP that is connected to a HMI via an external ethernet module. I cannot identify the module part number. What I know is there is a serial cable from the PLC to the module and from the module to the HMI via an ethernet switch/cable. I believe the serial/ethernet module is powered by 24vdc. My questions are 1) what is the module part number 2) can i communicate to the PLC through the ethernet switch using iFIX? Thanks in advance for any help.

If its an AB product then its probably a 1761-NET-ENI, see pdf. And link for the manual http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um006_-en-p.pdf 1761-NET-ENIProfile.pdf Edited by Mickey

I have finally returned to this project. Thanks for the links. When I configure RX Linx for Ethernet/IP, the IP addresses are found however the device is not recognized. Reveiwing the manual, a tip said to download an EDS file. I could not find an EDS file for the mcirologix 1500. I am using RS Logix 500 Ver9 I believe. Any thoughts? Edited by papafrancisco