Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bowhunter2000

2 power flex 525 controled whit micrologix 1400 E net

12 posts in this topic

hi all: I got tow powerflex and a micrologix 1400 on a EtherNET via a switch and a componet 600 HIM , I need the 2 power flex talk to the PLC , I using explisit messages , mi problem is I can configure a read msg's and write msg's to mi firsth driver using the examples on the manuals , but I got no idea of how to read and write to mi second driver , I post mi leader logic Edited by bowhunter2000

ok acording to manuals I can read amd wrigt to N files N40 , 41,42,....... 67 I need to send a non 0 value form a N41:0 file to the driver , ok waht I can'd under stan is how I cand send the value to mi second driver , and more spesific , where I can read the values of mi second driver!! COWELL.RSS Edited by bowhunter2000

If I understand what you're trying to do, the only difference between your messages to the first drive, and your messages to the second drive, will be the IP address you define in the MSG instruction. Give both your drives a different IP address (make sure it's the same subnet as your PLC), and set up two MSG instructions, one for each IP address

ok bot dirvers have a difrent IP aderres , but can't read data from mi second driver for example on N20:3 I can read the speed of mi driver # 1 and I can set a speed refrence for the same driver on N20:22 but I got no idea of wher I can send spped refernce or read the actual speed of mi secon driver

Also in the message instruction, you would have set up the target address or the destination address. Open up your MSG instruction setup and look for N20:3 (or whatever). That's where you've set up the data for the first drive, pick a different data area and set that one up for the second drive

ok now evriting is runing fine mi mistake the las msg instuction was set as a wigth and soud be a read!!!

Glad you got it working :) It's amusing how much this thread has reminded me of those "It's so azimnag how yuor mnid can raed tihs eevn tuoghh the ltretes are all czray" things. Full points for being able to convey your meaning with an apparently limited grasp of the langauge

Tnks for the help , now I got oder issue , I need to read parameter 559 that is a encoder read, this is the set up screen of mi MSG ins.

You haven't got your addressing quite right. By the looks of that manual, parameter 1 is found in N150:2 and N150:3, parameter 2 is found in N150:4 and N154:5, etc. Each parameter takes up two words. The upshot is that you double your parameter number, and that gives you the offset. So you need 559*2 = N150:1118. As each "N" array has 250 words, this means that you actually want the fifth word, offset 118. So you need to read N154:118 and N154:119. Change your target device data table address to N154:118 and your length to 2. This will put the data into N100:0 and N100:1 in the MicroLogix. However, you need to read the whole thing as one integer, so you will need to use a Bit Field Distribute (BTD) instruction or similar to load the two N words into one L word. It's possible that you may be able to bypass the BTD part by setting the controller data table address to an L word, and having a read length of 1, but I can't be absolutely sure that would work as you expect; I've not done it before. In any case, first thing is to get the data coming into the PLC on N100:0 and N100:1; if you can get that working then have a play with it and see what results you get. Hope that helps!

ok tnks for the respons , I well let you now the results