Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BITS N BYTES

Simulation - Freezes application!

10 posts in this topic

Have notice that while doing On-Line editing in the Simulation mode that Sysmac Studio stops working correctly. When this happens ALL menu pulldown tabs are greyed out AND you cannot save ANY changes OR save the file OR exit Sysmac Studio. Everything gets lost!! Right now I avoid ANY on-line editing in simulation!! Anyone else experienced this issue.

I have not tried online edits in simulation. I have had no problem when online with a PLC.

Seems to work OK for me. I have V1.09 running on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. On "Help / About"', the module version is reported as 1.09.46.

OK so now figured it out. The clue is to BE PATIENT!!! Just have to wait for Simulation to update changes. Sometimes wait around 5-10minutes for Sysmac Studio to respond, BUT it does work and I don't lose changes. Still better to exit simulation, make any changes and restart Simulation.

I've had similar if not the exact same issue with online edit in simulation as well. I made one online edit successfully then went and did a 2nd online edit. But then I was stuck, on the online edit right click menu everything was greyed out but go to edit pane. Everything was greyed out on the simulation, so I could not cancel or save the edit and I could not quit the simulation. I could not save the project either, my only option left was to end the process in windows and lose everything since my last change. So now I save before starting a simulation and avoid doing online edits in simulation. Update: Now I can not even get simulation to run. I get the following message: "The project was not built. Please build the project and try again" Rebuilt the project, checked the program no issues, saved a new copy and repeated and still simulation gives me this message. Defiantly some kinks for Omron to work out. Edited by Wulfgar

In general my experience with simulator onlinedit is that it works fine (though a lot slower than with a real NJ) !! Which version of studio is causing problem? Studio 1.10 has big internal changes regarding onlinedit in a real NJ (it is a lot faster than previous studio even if huge number of lines are modified) Though I have nor experienced your problem ... I suggest you to update to 1.10 as mentioned... Online edit algorithm has been improved to work faster

I'm using Studio 1.09 as well. Studio 1.10 does not appear to be available yet here in the USA, hopefully soon. Update: I've upgraded (2014/07/31) to 1.10, AutoUpdate was showing it as 1.09 so I did not realize that it was really 1.10. I still get the same issue with simulation saying I need to build the project. We just powered up the machine again so I tried to download to the actual MAC and now I can not even download as I get the same issue as with simulation. There must be something wrong with my project that does not show up as an error but is preventing it from starting simulation or allowing a download. So I've emailed my project to my local Omron support this morning (2014/08/01). Edited by Wulfgar

Already updated to Sysmac Studio V1.10. System freezes in simulation much less frequent that V1.9, BUT THEY STILL OCCASIONALLY OCCUR. I still highly recommend saving changes prior to running Simulation .

Online edit in a PC simulator as you have experienced is less fluent than in real NJ hardware. Simulator runs on top of Windows, whereas NJ is a realtime system... As you suggested... Stopping the simulator may help...

Wulfgar, Sysmac Studio 1.10 was released in the US on 7/7/14. Check you auto updates.