Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raph_rf

Logic controller for industrial machine

2 posts in this topic

Hello I need to do a design with a PLC for logic of my machine, I will have : -1 station of 20-25 IO and two other remote of 20-25 I/O. -Communication ethernet ip between this plc and a motion controller(Parker 6 axis). This PLC will control this motion controller(sequence of the program) -One bus for the receiver(radio remote control):CAN-Bus, Profibus-DP, RS232/485, DeviceNet, Profinet. -HMI -Huge program to implement(Control the motion controler, look up tables, two vision camera for positionning and mesuring, 5-8 PIDs, hard to estimate but i will have a long sequence program) -I will need sd card for flashing and/or datalog(for future) -I will need a web server(for future) -More compact possible For the software: -Not too huge software -intuitive -fast programming -easy simulation I never tryed s7-1200. I already tried in 3 years ago the S7-300(I found it complicated, and TIA portal quite heavy), some person told me that the S7-1200 is easier. Never heard about the mitsubishi L series... I also think about Phoenix contact ILC 191... I tried in 2 years ago Schneider M238 & Somachine (As TIA, I found it quite heavyn not too intuitive and slow for downloading ect.) Do you have some advice or good/bad experience? I choosed theses three brand for the good after sale service of the dealers here(Siemens,Mitsubishi & Phoenix) Thank you and scuse me for the bad english

I am not really that much into Siemens (I work mainly with Omron PLC's), but from my experience S7-1200 fits for small scale, low cost machines (its' possibilities are quite limited compared to S7-300). If you are willing to use something new you could go for S7-1500 (current replacement for S7-300/S7-400).