Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GuitarMaestro69

FactoryTalk View Active Directory

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am new to using FactoryTalk and I have an unusual application that I cannot find help with elsewhere on the net. I'm using FactoryTalk View SE 7.0 connected to an AB Logix5572 PLC with some EtherNET/IP cards. My goal is to have a service run in factorytalk (not tied to a specific screen) that checks information from the PLC. This service will read username and password information from tags in the PLC and query this information against the hashed information in the Active Directory on the domain controller. I have been unable to find out how to get something to run independent of a screen (I looked into Events, but couldn't get it to function) and then execute VBA code, and I do not know how to run a query against A/D from VBA. Is this even possible? My other solution is to write a custom VB.NET program that will communicate with the PLC via AB commands. I believe I will be able to query A/D fairly easily from the VB environment. All comments appreciated. Thanks

Aside from the limited Events functions, no code in FTView can run independent of a display. The usual work-around, is to have a display that is set to be hidden, and always updating (open it with the /ZA switches).