Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Addohm

String Input and PV+700

2 posts in this topic

I need to use a stringinput button to allow a user to modify the recipe name of a product. The recipe names are stored in ST99:0 through ST99:7. The product number itself is a value of 80-87 and that value is stored in N181:6. These are not original options so I am trying to find the best way to integrate. Anyway, what my original thought was to have a rung that subtracts 80 from the product number to give me a value of 0-7 and stores it in N181:5, and then write the string to ST99:[N181:5]. I'd never tried doing that in a PV before, and found out quickly that you can't do that. I expected that was the case. Has anyone got another suggestion for doing this? Adding another string file (or any file for that matter) is not an option (req. a download and conversely stopping the machine. Thanks, Adam

I figured out a way. We only have 8 product numbers, but have 9 string words in the file. In the program I define an "new product number" by subtracting 80 from the current product number. I wrote to the 9th string from the HMI, and copied the 9th string to the string file:[new product number] when enter is pressed.