Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boomboomtheduckling

SQO

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I keep getting an error message.... Can anyone help? Thanks..... I'm new and in school, and excited to learn this stuff.... Thanks!

what is the error message? 'e' on the left means rung is edited... if clicking on compile does not remove 'e' for edit, something is wrong... such as wrong parameter like using O ("oh,,") instead of 0 (zero). your Control seem to do just that...

Wrong syntax. I wasn't addressing to the word level. O:0.0 correct O:0/0 incorrect. Thanks for the reply!

Someone please correct me if i am wrong, but the way i look at that code ,the 4 outputs will always be on regardless of what's happening with the SQO as they are on unconditional rungs. My belief was that you don't have to code in the outputs as the SQO will write to them...or have i got it totally wrong? Steve

You are absolutely correct, those rungs 1 to 4 will turn the outputs on. I don't know why they were placed there, perhaps (and don't forget it was a student question, and the posted code is all of the code) the thinking was along the lines of monitoring the outputs on the ladder diagram? Or the OP was thinking he needed conditional instructions on the rungs to control the outputs, and hadn't yet put them in..... Your beliefs are true.... The SQO moves the data from one (indexed) element of the source array (file), to the designated destination address, but only where the mask bits are set to a "1" - a "0" mask bit leaves the destination bit unchanged. Of course the destination address for the SQO does not have to be an Output address, it can be used for any purpose.