Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dugmick

1747-AIC question

3 posts in this topic

I have a SLC5/03 communicating to a Panelview 550 across a DH485 network, with a 1747-AIC at each end of the network. The SLC and Panelview are plugged into the AIC, with the peripheral port open on each AIC unit. I have attempted to communicate with the PLC by plugging into the peripheral port with my 1747-UIC, but I have not had any success yet. I am running a Windows 7 64 bit machine, and Linx Classic Professional v2.59. I can see the PLC with this setup if I plug directly into the PLC RJ45 port, but not through the AIC. The serial port on the PLC is used for another purpose, so it is out of the picture as far as programming access. Any ideas as to why I am not able to see the network through the AIC? Thanks in advance.

I used 1747-UIC to connect to DH485 network but with Windows 7 32bit before so you might want to check with Rockwell or manual to see if Win7 64 bit version is the problem. Also check your RSlinx version because i know the latest is version 3.6 at least. Check your 1747-UIC too. We have problem with it before and turn out it missing the resistor ( the little white rectangular box attached to the cable) ... Hope this helps!

I think I have also had a similar issue like the one mentioned. From memory I believe its your OS running 64bit. The way I got round it was to install an XP virtual machine, it worked first time. (SP3 I believe) although XP is no longer supported, I still use it for my older protocols Cheers