Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_SKR

Error- 8.00 is incompatible with VersaPro.

11 posts in this topic

I had an error while loading a file to 90-30 series. It reads as following.. "Firmware revision 8.00 is incompatible with VersaPro. Minimum supported firmware revision is 8.21. Store failed." What is the solution? does Versapro doesn't support it? kindly provide me an answer. Thanks!

VersaPro software wants the PLC to be at least version 8.21. You can bypass this restriction by setting a parameter in the setup of VersaPro. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact location of that parameter and since VersaPro is obsolete software, I don't have it loaded on any computer that I regularly use anymore, so I'm not in a position to look it up for you. In Machine Edition it would be under the "Options" tab of the project navigator. Once you click the "Options" tab, you expand the "Controller" item and select the "General" selection. Under that, select "Controller firmware revision check". The choices are , "No Warning", "Warn" and "Prevent Store". "Prevent Store" is the default choice. If you select either of the other two choices you will be able to download to the PLC even though it is older than the recommended minimum firmware version. The description I gave is from Machine Edition. VersaPro may present the choices differently than I described.

If you set this parameter, you MUST not use any logic, function or hardware that is not comparable with the older firmware or there "may" be undseireable or uninteded consequences, or the CPU may not go into Run. It is always best to update the CPU to the latest version. This can be done by purchasing an upgrade chip from GEIP or if your processor is a CPU350 or higher by downloading the upgrade kit from the support.ge-ip.com web site. Edited by RussB

Thank You both. I think the CPU needs an LogicMaster 90 which is DOS based. I was wondering if someone can help me in finding steps to download a program using LogicMaster.

Back when I was using and teaching LogicMaster, this is what I would make sure that everyone knew. "With LogicMaster one need only remember a few things:" 1. Read the Screen 2. Alt-H brings up "Help" 3. Alt-K brings up Key short cuts. 4. The Esc key backs you up one menu for each press. Armed with this information anyone can make LM90 do anything within its scope of ability. Edited by RussB

The other thing to remember about Logicmaster is that the numbers across the top of the screen refer to the function keys F1 - F10. The lower half of the field is the action you get when you press the corresponding function key. The upper half of the field is the action you get when you press <SHIFT> + the function key.

Thank You Sparky and Maverick....I successfully uploaded the program into the PLC. Now, it shows 'system configuration fault'.Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking that one of the rack has gone bad as it shows red F fault light on the rack. I tried clearing it but it remains. As this is an old PLC may I know where can I get IC693MDL340G output rack?

Sorry I meant Russ and Steve ...I'm new to this page.!

The IC693MDL340 is an AC output module. It can be mounted in any of the I/O racks. I/O racks have part numbers IC693CHSxxx where "xxx" denotes the specific rack size and features. The trailing letters in any part number denote the revision level of the module.

Apologies. The Logicmaster shows the fault 'system configuration fault' The red 'F' LED is on one of the I/O modules and all the dipswitches look fine. I'm thinking the I/O module which is showing the fault LED has some internal problem or it may be spoiled, because when I exchange this I/O module position with other it still shows the Red LED. Hence I was wondering if these I/O modules are still available in market?

The "Red F" means that there is a fuse blown on that module. Almost all of the modules are still available. You can save a little money if you get the newer version with blue plastic instead of black. Ask you supplier for both versions. The difference is black-IC693xxxyyy or blue-IC694xxxyyy. The internals are identical in most modules. Go here here to find your supplier: http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=spage&id=ST6&perpage=50&locale=en_US