Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_SKR

GE Fanuc 90-30

5 posts in this topic

I've a GE Fanuc 90-30 rack system. As one of the rack had a malfunction I replaced it with another but now letter 'F' in red lights up in the new one. Is this some fault in processor or just the rack. I'm weak in knowledge about PLC's. If anyone has an idea, kindly help me. Thanks!

Verify that the new rack has the same part number as the original, ignoring any 1 or 2 letters after the first 8 characters, it will be IC693CHS###. Then verify that the DIP switches on the rack are set exactly like the original ones were. Also, with a hardware fault as that in the CPU, you will need to connect to it and clear that fault before you can put the CPU back into the Run mode.

How can we check a fault in hardware using a ladder logic. I mean, is it possible to find out which output is causing the trouble? I'm using proficy machine edition for the plc. Thanks!

Maybe, it depends on the module, there are a few of the newest ones that have point faults but most will bring you to only the module. Consult the I/O manual GFK-0898 for details.