Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alfa20ad

4-20mA input (SCP)

19 posts in this topic

Sorry, Totally new to PLC programming. My question is that i have a 4-20mA input into a 1769-IF4 card, i have connected my 4-20mA input into V/I in 0- and I in 0+ When i write the SCP command for this input and go online the instruction can see the input change as i vary the 4-20mA signal but i cannot see the output side change as i do this on the function block What am i doing wrong? Also how would i achieve when the mA signal reaches a certain setpoint, this then triggers an output?

Post your program so we can have a look

The program must be a higher version than 19. I can't open it. It sounds like you aren't calling the routine

What do you mean by not calling the routine. Can this image help? Edited by Alfa20ad

Were you attaching something? Post a PDF

Never mind. Is your health check program calling your compressor program with a JSR instruction?

You need a jsr in your first program to jump to your second program. Just insert a new rung with a jsr instruction

One other thing. Does the Allen-Bradley have a function similar to the P_On function like the Omron version?

Done that, but still i can see the input increasing and decreasing but the output value stays at 0.0.

Put and unconditional rung with an OTE going to an unused tag before your SCP and see if it turns on so we know if your rung is executing.

One other dummy check. Is your processor in run mode?

I can see it change now. Thanks. Just one other thing what instruction would i use to say if this input reaches say 5mA then energise an output.

I would do GRT source a COMP1_33_SCALED source b the scaled value odd 5ma then an OTE instruction.

P_ON... is that a pulse on? Have a look at the ONS.

Looking for an instruction to say that the PLC is healthy. That is all.

DDT instruction can be used for reading diagnostics Regards, Nelliyan.G Edited by Nelliyan