Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob O

Disable I/O Cards on MicroLogix from PV+

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a way to enable or disable I/O on the MicroLogix from a PV+? The KB says the memory locations are not available like they are on the SLC but thought I would ask.

I guess it dependson what you mean exactly by "disable" and "enable" I/Os... I would imagine you have the option to have a trigger from HMI and tight it to the logic which can turn on/off discrete outputs or write certain values to analog outputs and this can totally "disable" the I/Os .If you mean by cut off the power to I/Os card then i don't think you can Edited by mikey431

Thanks Mikey431 for the reply but within RSLogix500 you and Ignore Configuration Error [Check Box In The I/O Config.] for the particular card if it isn't present and this won't fault the processor. In the SLC it has memory location S:11 and 12 where you can do this but RA says the MicroLogix don't and I was just asking if there was a work around.

I see. I don't think you can do it with micrologix via traditional ladder logic This might be a long shot but you may want to look into VBA to see if you can manipulate IO objects to config the I/Os...