Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paradise1082

One-Shot

2 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a one-shot product that only has an input and output side that can be wired in series with a push button so the operator has to release and press again to energize a coil. This is on a small cutoff machine that will cycle over and over as long as the button is pressed. I know I can do it with a timing relay but was looking for something just to put in series with the Pushbutton.

Balluff has an inline signal conditioner that is designed to be used with switches like proximity and optical switches. It can be taught to act as an ON delay or an OFF delay with an adjustable time. This product would probably work in your application. Other manufacturers of industrial switches have similar devices. The Balluff unit is known as a "Signal Adapter BOS S-T". Info for this device can be found on their website. If you happen to have a Balluff catalog, it will be in the 'Accessories' section. Does your cutoff machine have a controller in it? If so, you could modify the program to only act on the positive transition of the switch. I am sure you have already thought of that and are looking for an alternative, though. Hopefully this is helpful.