Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonjourdaisy

Fault Codes

2 posts in this topic

Just a quick one for you guys: Does the major/minor fault codes for a module other than a processor mean anything? I know that the GSV can't grab that type of information from modules so I was wondering why it's in the "Module Properties" page. For example, see below: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16119840/Untitled.png Does the major/minor fault codes mean anything in this window? Or do they just reflect the processor major/minor fault codes. Edited by bonjourdaisy

I show module faults on my HMI by using the GSV, point it to my module and use the attribute 'FaultCode' (point IO 1794 series with controllogix 1756-L74 processor) I then use this to alarm if NEQ 0. I don't pick out the individual alarms. I've not tested each possible alarm, as i believe Rockwell's documentation that it works, but I have pulled a module from its backplate and this shows as an alarm. I don't know for sure, but I am assuming that the major/minor faults will show in this FaultCode, so would be reasonably safe to say that the module major/minor faults are in there somewhere to view. I hope this helps a bit.