Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miften

Short on pointer points

9 posts in this topic

Good Day Im working now on some monitoring system build on Qseries CPU (Q06UDUCPU). In my program i need to use "TON" blocks (Its structured Ladder/FDB). I create Global Variable TON_1 set it to type TON. During Compile I get error code C9004 "The number of pointer points for Device/Label Automatic-Assign Setting fall short. (TON_1)" In menu Tool -> Device/Label Autoassign I have assigned 0-2047 T- type variables. Where is my mistake? Thanks for assistance.

Not just T, you also need P for pointers. Structured programming makes use of subroutines and it needs pointers to run them. So increase the number of P addresses in the automatic assign range.

Thanks for fast reply. And you are right - I have 0 pointer type variables assigned. Now when we advance in problem - I cannot assign Pointer type variables (option is greyed-out in list). According to manual for common operations 5.5.2 data types i cannot assign pointer type variables at all. How then use TON block in SL/FBD ? Thanks. Edited by Miften

The compile by default has half of the pointers. You should not have an issue with this. I've done it hundreds of times. Are you certain you are in a structured project?

You are talking about (manual 5.5.2) using Pointers as datatypes inside programs/editors (which is "Not applicable" in SL/FBD). However you can set up auto assignable Pointers by checking the checkbox "Assign Selection" under "Pointer" (see picture). In you application simply enable the checkbox and you are able to assign settings. See default settings for all variables in picture.

Thanks for replies. And I'm - actually now - sure in 99% that im in structured ladder (my program for sure is created in it). Maybe i have something mixed. I have this checkbox grayed out . I cannot click it to "online" it. Whole window is more grayed-out for me. Where is my mistake then? could I mix something in my PLC parameters? M. Edited by Miften

Make sure you have available pointers in PLC parameters (see picture)

I believe this could be not set by me - Tommorow in work will check this parameter and inform you. Thanks!

kaare_t, thanks. I had this option empty. After setting this correctly to 1024 points - program compiled correctly.