Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bart8

Twincat Change Visualization screen from program

4 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm doing a internship and have to program A rubik's cube solver with a beckhoff bus coupler. For having no experience with backhoff and Twincat (only Siemens and another off brand I can't remember) I'm doing pretty OK for now I think. But I ran into a problem I cannot find the solution for: I want to change the currently shown visualization screen from within the program code. More precisely I have a progress screen showing after you start the program cycle, but when the cycle is done I want to show the "home screen" again automatically. I sounds like a very basic thing to do but I can't figure it out {ashamed!} I hope someone can help me. And thanks for your time in advance.

If you are using the VISU package from Beckhoff, then you should do this: CurrentVisu := 'NameOfTheVisualization'; CurrentVisu is a string that is declared globally once you enable the visualization in your PLC project. Good luck!

I forgot to mention in my first post, I use Twincat 3 not Twincat 2, Even though I have created a VISU there appears not to be a string "CurrentVisu". The auto declare screen pops up if I try to use it.

OK, that was important... :) Check this help page: http://infosys.beckhoff.com/content/1033/tc3_plc_intro/html/visualization_element_properties.htm?id=12115 Click on Switch Frame variable (red link on the third column of the table under the first image). See the new methodology there. Hope this helps.