Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisG

GX Developer

5 posts in this topic

Hey all I don't get along with these Mitsubishi manuals... What is a "Start I/O No". I just used 0020 in the 'network parameters' as said in the manual and it works, but with 0000 my network refuses to work. So what is this number standing for and why do I have to use 0020?? Thanks Chris

Hello, I'm guessing that the module you are trying to configure is placed after another module with 32 I/O, 32 converted to hex is 20 (0020) which means that module's starting adress shoudl be 0020. An example: Module Module Module |CPU| |32 I/O| |32 I/O| |16 I/O| Starting I/O: 0000 0020 0030 I hope this information helps you! Best Regards Patrik (Sweden)

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean with modules. I have a Mitsubishi PLC and CC-Link Master. The rest is one CC-Link Gateway and two slaves. Do you mean the CC-Link Master if you say module. If yes, I don't know what module should have the Start I/O No 0000. Would be great if you could help me as I'm trying to figure this out since 3 days. It's quite depressing. Thanks Chris

I strongly suggest to read GX developer manual to get more familiar with the enviroment and settings (for example IB(NA)0800190). The cards which are in the PLC rack are mapped to address range CPU can address. You have to go to Parameters, I/O settings and assign start address for each card. Most cards will occupy 16 or 32 I/O points but this is not always true. When you read manual for say analog input card, you will see I/O references (something like X0, X1, X10 etc.). This is only true if that card is in very first slot and if you didn't remap the I/O manually (not all CPUs support this). So if you have couple of cards, you have to add base address (start address of the I/O range for that card) to get function you need. For example, if the base address is 60h, then instead of X0, you will have to use X(0h+60h)=X60h. Instead of X1 it will be X61, instead of Y1C it will be Y7C (1Ch + 60h = 7Ch) etc. When you are using buffer access instructions such as TO and FROM, you have to use head address. This is same as start (base) address except you have to drop the last digit. For example if you have a card with base address 170h, the head address is 17h. And you want to read from buffer 400 (secimal), you would write something like this: --| |---------------------[FROM h17 k400 D100 k1] or --| |---------------------[MOV U17\G400 D100] The nice thing about later version (MOV) is that is shorter which comes in handy with long rungs and you can add comments for buffers too, not just D-registers. The downside is that not all PLCs support it.

Thank you for this detailed response. I'll try to work my way through it, should help me with my problem.