Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smile

Connecting PLC Mitsubishi with CX-Supervisor

9 posts in this topic

I need to do the communication between a PLC Mitsubishi MELSEC-Q Series and a PC where is installed CX-Supervisor. Which one can i used ??

My guess is only using mitsubishi's OPC server. Do you have it? CX-Supervisor has only drivers for Omron devices, but it's opc client. regards

Now i am try with KapwareServerEx connect to PLC Mitsubishi its work. But i don't know how to add Tag to Cx-Supervisor. i am so confuse about OPC Client for Cx-Supervisor.

Indeed good idea with kepware. create tags in kepware project. it's opc server and here you create all tags you need to monitor from scada. in cx-supervisor: go to point editor, add point, type a name, select a point type (Boolean, integer ...), I/O type would be input (if you monitor only) and I/O attributes would be OPC/Other, press Setup, dialogue opens, for server click an arrow then add and from list of available controls choose CX OPC Communication Control after which a property window is open where you should see kepware opc server on the list of server names. Create new project file (a file where cx-supervisor saves settings for opc this is not kepware project). then you should go to the OPC Groups / Items tab of the same window, create a group and add tags from the opc server. the rest is history... Edited by tashinz

I am follow as you explains see as my attached, Can you explain more detail about step to add Item ? Edited by smile

After selecting a CX OPC Communication Control a windows opens: in a Server Name combo box select kepware opc server which should be installed on your computer (Here is Omron OPC selecte). Create a project by clickin new and give it a name. then, press OPC Groups / Items tab, you get: right click on left pane and add a group, and then right click on right pane and click Add Item (s) after which a window OPC Workspace browser opens with tags defined in Kepware OPC project (Omron OPC here), which you can then select and add them to the CX-Supervisor OPC project. Point is added: Press OK you get: where cx-supervisor tag called ujgh gets a value from opc tag New Point 1 (defined in Kepware project and which reads live data from PLC). in point editor it will be shown as: OK? Edited by tashinz

tashinz, In my OPC server name it's has only shown, please see in my figure How to install OMRON.OpenDataServer.1 in my PC ??

You don't need Omron opc server since you have a mitshubishi plc. you need Mitsubishi opc server or like you have chosen Kepware opc server which has a driver for many plcs including Mitsubishi. so, on this window you should select kepware opc as you did. What is the problem now? I've selected Omron opc since It is only opc server installed on my machine... Edited by tashinz

tashinz, Thanks so muchhhh. Now i can connect to OPC Server with Cx-Supervisor as your advice ^-^