Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dugmick

Access Denied - Privilege Violation

3 posts in this topic

I have a PLC5/30 with a 1785-ENET sidecar. I can go online through the ethernet connection, but whenever I try to make an online edit I get an error message "Rung could not be inserted into online processor! Insert instruction Failed: Ext Sts = 0x0B Access Denied - Privilege Violation". I can successfully make the same online edit when I go online through the Ch0 DF1 connection. I show 17k+ free memory. Has anyone ever experienced this before, and if so, how was it resolved? Many thanks!!

I would suggest uploading a copy of the program then power down the processor to wipe its memory then redownload the program.. not sure if your situation allows you to do this, but this has worked for me before. If not maybe my response will generate someone elses opinion!

This is probably a bug that exists between the 1785-ENET sidecar and some versions of RSLogix 5. There's an RA Knowledgebase article that describes similar symptoms: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/448123 The solution in that case was to upgrade from RSLogix 5 version 7.10 to version 7.40.