Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robh

Maple Systems HMC7000 series

3 posts in this topic

Well good afternoon! Well for those of us working graveyard 0830 is afternoon! Just the other day I received my new Maple Systems HMC7070A-M HMC and MAPware-7000 programming software. To say I am excited to take it for a spin is an understatement. I have been on graveyard since last May as a fill in production supervisor and I might have opened my programming notebook...twice. The project is fairly simple. Read a 4-20mA input, run it through a PID function, and then spit out a 4-20mA output. Also to use the HMI part of the unit to allow for operators to adjust set points and have neat little bar graphs. I have to say that having been "out of the game" for almost a year has made what seems a simple task a bit challenging, but the rust is slowly coming off. I was curious if anyone has used these HMCs or similar and what they thought of the whole deal.

New to the forum. How did this project turn out? Were you able to get it working? I have a similar application using 4-20 in PID in HMC and contolling a VFD over MODBUS. I have a bunch of experience with KOYO and Mitsubishi PLC's but new to Maple's HMC's.

For the most part it is working, still needs a little polishing for the user. I have been reassigned to other "priorities" so I haven't played with it much as of late. My coworker continued on from where I was and as soon as the new transmitter shows up we will be digging into it again.