Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wesley

ML1400, ANALOG INPUT, SCALE OUTPUT FLOATPOINT

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, Im using a MicroLogix 1400 processor with analog module input 1762-IF4. I have a sensor that measure distance from 0mm to 20mm and send a current signal from 4 to 20mA to the analog module. Im using a scale block SCP in the ladder program to show me the values as 0mm to 20mm. I did this way: Input: I:1.0 Input Min: 0 Input Max: 16383 Scaled Min: 0 Scaled Max: 20 Output: L16:0 Ok, but it just show me integer number, Im just seeing the numbers before the coma and I also would like to see the other numbers after coma as Float Point. Is the Input Max value Ive set (16383) correct? L16:0 Should not show me the values as float point? Tanks in advance Edited by Wesley

L16:0 is not a floating point data type its a 32 bit integer ( no decimal). F8:0 for example is a floating point data type. Why are you using Scaled Min =0 and scaled Max =50 when you said your analog input is scaled to 0-20? Your 0-16383 is correct if you have the input module configured for "Scaled for PID". Do you? Edited by Mickey

Max= 50 was a mistake, the correct one is 20. No I didn't configured the module. How do you go to this screen?

Mickey! Thank you very much! That was the problem, configure the module to current input and scaled for PID. Once more, thanks alot :) Edited by Wesley

Open your offline program-click on I/O configuration-select your module-click on adv config-select analog input configuration-make changes. See picture Edit: you fixed it faster then I could post it. Good to hear all is well. Edited by Mickey