Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phuz

RSLinx Gateway

3 posts in this topic

In a separate issue from my other issue, RSLinx Gateway is running on my Windows 7 64 system (and it shows in the titlebar), but under the communications menu, I have no option for "Configure Gateway". This option DOES appear in my VM session, however.

Bump for some advice. I have called RA about this and so far their best response is "it's probably a bad installation" even though the same installation works fine in the VM session.

SOLVED. The RA Tech and I spent some time on the phone while waiting for Activation support to get freed up (they thought it might be an issue with activation), and for the heck of it, he had me manually stop the RSLinx Enterprise service, restart RSLinx classic, and then "Configure Gateway" was visible. Too early to tell if this is going to be resolved for good or if I am going to have to use this workaround every time but it's a good start. I also asked the tech if he knew anything about eventually being able to run RSLinx Classic as a service again (for those of us in Windows 7 64 bit who have to run in application mode) but still having the tray icon, and he said it is in the NEAR future. Fingers crossed!