Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
klauricella

Not saving in GXWorks2

12 posts in this topic

I am having problems saving programs with GXWorks2. This has been going on since last summer and I have contacted Mitsubishi support but have not gotten an answer. I have a 64bit laptop running Windows 7. The GXWorks is version 1.91 but this is also happening on another laptop and that has 1.499. When I go to save as single file format the attached message pops up. Thanks Kevin

Can you verify that all the points in the error list is OK? Could you post a descriptive answer to all the points in the list in the forum?

Ignore the last one had a different program open but everything is pretty much the same.

I was thinking about the error message you get when trying to save.... Have you checked all the points in that list?

Not sure what most of that stuff means and have yet to talk to anyone that does. Mitsubishi has seen this fault had has offered no suggestion. I am not a big Mitsubishi guy and have only started using it resonantly. Used to AB and Omron. Thanks Kevin

I see, here are some questions (if unsure just reply with what you know and what you don't know): 1. Have you used a label database in your project (like importing/exporting labels to a database)? - If so; did you use a network database or the local computer, and did you move the project from the original computer to a new one? 2. Have you used any functions of the Melsoft Navigator, or even installed it? And has the project been moved from a computer where it was installed? 3. Have you set the Project Name and Workspace Name before trying to save the project? 4. Is it possible to save as a Workspace project or does all project types fail? And is there a problem with saving it as a Workspace project? Please reply with what you know and what you don't know...

1.No 2.No 3.Only been saving as single file format, where would you set the project and workspace names 4. Just tried and it came up with the same error. I can send the program to you if that would help nothing special about it. Thanks Kevin

Yes please, the project would help a lot. PM me if you don't want to post it in the public.

Found the problem: You had one variable that was registered to a Label Database. Simply mark that line and click on the button marked by a red rectangle (see picture). After removing that line the project saves fine.