Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JVD

CX Designer Multi State Pushbutton

8 posts in this topic

Currently working on a project and its been a few years since I have used CX Designer. So I am slightly rusty! Basically I have to have a multistate indicator on the HMI. it has to be a push button. the intent is the operator will select the push button and then swipe a palm button to advance/retract a clamp/actuator. I have 8 clamps, so there will be 16 buttons. 1. initial state, no selection button will be grey. label "Clamp Advance" 2. operator selects button, button will flash green. label stays as "Clamp Advance" 3. operator swipes palm button. button flashes green till clamp advance. Label changes to "Clamp Advancing" 4. clamp is advance, button changes to solid green. Label changes to "Clamp Advance" I know there is a multi function button, but I am not sure how to set it up with 3 different states and 3 different labels. I have RTFM'd and cant figure it out. I rather not have 48 outputs in my PLC to control these states. Any suggestions?

I was able to figure it out. however I can only get it flash between green and pink (instead of the on and off state colours, green and grey). Any thoughts?!

In CX-Designer v3.560, you have the option shown below for the flicker setting: By default, "Show display color and inverse color alternately". The inverse of bright green is (apparently) this pink color to which you referred.

I tried it and it just kind of blinks without any colour change.

What version is the firmware in the NS? I have only tried it in the Test mode with v8.6 as the firmware, but it seems to work in that environment.

I currently don't have the hardware. same test mode version though. see attached file. test.zip

You cannot use the Select Shape option (shown below) with flicker: Instead, se the Rectangle option as shown in the picture. If you play around with it a bit, you can make it look similar. See the attached project. testmod.zip

Awesome! Thanks that's perfect.