Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bgtorque

Analogue Level Gauge Sensor Screen

4 posts in this topic

Hi all. I have an analogue level sensor (0-10V) that I am bringing into a CompactLogix L32E controller. We are using PanelView plus 600 HMI screens to view the channels. I would like to show a rectangular gauge with a few marks on for alarm, trip, nominal fill levels etc and have a a different colour rectangle (representing the fluid) scale with the sensor output to show a visual of where the oil level is. I am scaling the output in the PLC to give me a percentage percentage fill, so I know if the fill level is at 53% for example. Can anyone help to point me in the right direct to achieve this in FactoryTalk? Thanks for your assistance.

Hello bgtorque, I am no expert but see if this helps you any. When you open your project in Factory Talk ME, go to the Objects drop-down on the tool bar. Here you can select a Bar Graph (as seen in my attachment in yellow) You can also add a scale next to it and insert percentage values on the scale using the Drawing\Text tool. You can add arrows using the Drawing\Image tool. All of this is found on the Objects drop-down at the top of your screen. If you double click on the Bar Graph once you have place it onto your project it will open a box where you can choose to have the fill level change colors at a certain value or percentage. (Thresholds) In this same box you will also see the connections tab which is where you can assign the intenger to the graph. If you are online with the PLC (and already have the PLC programed) making the connection is just point and click. (of course you have to set the connection for (Runtime) Communication Setup in RSLinx Enterprise first) I have attached a print screen in Word format that shows everything I described above. Hope this helps get you going in the right direction. LEVEL_GUAGE.doc Edited by Bering C Sparky
1 person likes this

Thanks for your help on this. It seems that this will only represent the fill at two given threshold values (ie if 25% and 50% fill) My output is scaled at 0-100% at would like to show anywhere on the scale as being filled, like 53% for example?

Ok, I ended up creating 100 rectangles 1 pixel high eachand then setting the visibility based on being => my analogue output %. thus for box one it was set as [ouput]=>1, for box 39 [ouput]=>39. This then meant I could also set the colour to change based on whether the output was in alarm or trip level limits. I also found a really easy way to do this with a simple rectangle by using the 'fill' option which does exactly what my original question was. My homebrew level gives me the option of colouring and blinking based on being in alarm and trip levels though.