Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scarypod

Omron & Balluff

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, Has anyone any experience of configuring a Balluff IO Master BNI EIP-502-105-Z015 BNI004A with Omron Network Configurator? The PLC is a CJ2H Ethernet/IP model. Basically I have the Master with three BNI IOL-310-000-K025 (16Bit) units hanging off the IO Link ports. They are to be assigned as follows: - Bit 0 - In 1 - In 2 - In 3 - Out 4 - In 5 - In 6 - In 7 - Out and so on up to bit 15 as an Out. I have never used these with Omron before and can only find reference to them with AB. Any ideas/pointers/solutions, etc would be great. Cheers Stevie
1 person likes this

Hello, I spend a considerable amount of time working with the help desks of both companies in order to solve this problem, I thought that I would share my results here so that others may also benefit. See the attached document that was supplied as an example from Balluff technical support. EIP_on_OMRON.pdf

Edited by Michael Walsh
Fixing link
3 people like this

Thanks for sharing this. I have been looking for some external EIP modules.

Keep in mind that Omron offers the NX Series slice I/O system (including safety) now with connection to Ethernet/IP. Easier solution to configure IMHO. Look up NX-EIC202.
1 person likes this

We have been using Weidmullers U-Remote EIP couplers. The integrated webserver makes setting up the I/O parameters and testing (force mode) without any master configuration a piece of cake, it really works well. After setting the IP in the bus coupler you can upload the configuration in Network Configurator, then it's a matter of setting 2 network tags for input and output data. Add the 2 tags as net variables in the CX-Programmer I/O table and done. Pricing is competitive, too. http://www.weidmueller.com/124609/Products/Electronics-and-automation/Remote-IO/u-remote-IP20/cw_multiselect_v2.aspx

Which version of their bus coupler do you use??

First we used the Profinet coupler, but it was quite a pain to setup in CX-Configurator FDT, you cannot set parameters for the coupler through its webserver. Then we tested the EIP coupler (UR20-FBC-EIP) beta for Weidmuller and since its official release use it. It saves an expensive Profinet unit in the CPU, plus you can do all the coupler and I/O parameters in the webserver. Without any "master" PLC, you can connect to the couplers webserver and test/control all I/O. Quite useful.
1 person likes this

KParker

Kev EIP_on_OMRON.pdf  Can you send me a copy of this document. I have tried searching Internet for it and can't find it 

Edited by Bruce W
1 person likes this

Good afternoon all, can you help me please ? , I want to configuring a plc (Cj2m omron) and bni0085 , I can do the communication between plc cj2m and master io link bni006a but i dont know how do i do the mapping for smartlight (bni0085)