Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AO Engineer

How to lock out numerical inputs GT Designer 3

7 posts in this topic

I am having problems with technicians adjusting set values on my equipment and it is greatly affecting quality. Is there a way for me to set a PIN number on numerical inputs? I need only a few people to be able to adjust these settings when operation calls for it. I wish simply explaining that changes have unseen effects would deter them from changeing inputs but that simply doesn't work. I need a way to make sure only tech supervisors can adjust them. Any ideas?

Enable project security and set password for level 1. Then set those objects you wish to lock to visible to level 0 but input level 1.

Thank you! My issue now is that when I do this I can no longer input any value. How do you activate level 1? I set the PIN at the location shown in the pic I have attached. When I upload to the GOT and press the input value (D6060 D6062 D6064 D6066) on the screen it acts like I'm not pushing it at all. I was under the impression that when you press the value it should first prompt you for the pin then allow you to change the value. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

No, you need to add a login button to the screen. That will ask for the password. Then you can add a logout button to set security level back to zero.

On 3/7/2014 at 3:58 AM, Crossbow said:

No, you need to add a login button to the screen. That will ask for the password. Then you can add a logout button to set security level back to zero.

hello! i am trying this solution but i am stuck at adding the logout button. How exactly do i set this? I want the numeric input to ask for password every time the operator want to set it. Now the issue is that after I enter the password on the login button for the first time, the input is not protected by the security anymore unless i restart the plc and hmi

There are several of doing it,

If I understand you correctly you want to do following:

1. Log In

2. Enter the value

3. Lock out automatically.

Concentrating on this and assuming, we are only talking about couple of numerical inputs, you could do following:

Add a script to the numerical input, wich is activated after the new value is input. The script sets user level to 0.
This script you can add to your "Operation - Data Operation - Write"  (USER LEVEL * K0)
or you can use

"EXTENDED - Write Device" and trigger a script.

You are logged out.

Some other ways could be:

- Add a log out button, the button sets user level to 0

- Add a log out routine, 5 minutes after log in and no page movement has been recognized, set user level to 0.

I would show the current user level in the header of your screen when you have some real estate you have sacrifice.

This is how I did password protection:

I have two different passwords for two levels of access; "Boom Selection" has one password and "Boom Parameters" has another. One password is stored in D80 and the other in D81. The password field is just a standard numerical entry object. I'm also bringing an "Incorrect Password" Dialog box.

Hope that helps.

Screenshot 2022-02-05 161843.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-05 162318.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-05 161743.jpg