Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Altivar 312 Modbus Problem

1 post in this topic

Hello, I use a Omron CJ1M PLC to control five Altivar 312 Inverters via PMCR easy Modbus. This is the second machine I have put this on to the first works fine after a few teething problems but my current attempt is getting some strange results. Four of the Inverters power down when an operater enters the machine, When the Inverters are restarted two of the Inverters revert to LSP that is set on their respective controls. The other two Inverters run normally at the speed as directed by the Modbus. I use a NS5 HMI which controls the Up/Down Speed. I am not getting any SLF Faults which is Loss Of Serial Connection and all the Inverters start okay but the speeds are not as directed by the Write Memory areas. Would it be worth posting the programme so somebody could take a look. Modbus is still a complicated way of doing things to me although the fact that you can control the speed via a HMI Screen makes it appealing. Four of the five 312s are 415 v and one is 230v Single Phase, All the settings are for Modbus and must be working okay because if I completely switch off the power to the panel and start, all five Inverters ramp up to their designated speeds. I have tried staggering the ramp up times but to no avail. I have even had a scenario where four of the Inverters were running with the same frequency.Each Inverter has its own Node Address so not sure how this could happen. Olease advise. Regards Peter