Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jb61264

Looking for FactoryTalk expertise

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I apologize in advance if this is not an appropriate place to post. I am looking for people with expertise in FactoryTalk who may be for hire. We are a university laboratory and have a chromatography skid that uses an application developed with FactoryTalk software to automate the opening and closing of pneumatic valves. It was written a long time ago by a company that doesn't exist anymore. The software doesn't respond to mouseclicks like it should and it is also sitting on Windows XP. Conducting a very preliminary search to see if it is even feasible for someone to look at the application and see where things might be not working to fix. Thanks and again sorry if this is not an appropriate place to post this. Jeff

There are many "system integrators" scattered throughout the country that would be very willing to talk and work with you. Other than getting the HMI application to start working again, do you have any other goals? It is more than likely that the application is fine, probably a communications issue.

Thanks for the reply...probably the only other goal would be to get the application to be able to work on Windows 7. As I mentioned it currently resides on Windows XP. I need to look into this further though because I'm not sure if the computer mounted in the panel has enough memory to upgrade to Windows 7. Is there a good resource listing somewhere that would list out potential FactoryTalk "system integrators"?

Message sent.

Call your local Rockwell Automation sales office and they'll be able to point to toward system integrators who are expert with their products. RA sells through electrical distributors, who also handle things like conduit and switchgear and circuit breakers. There's certainly one or more in your town. RA's website has "partner locators" and a lookup feature for the local offices. Let's say for the sake of argument that you're Northwestern in Chicago. The local RA office would be in Burr Ridge, the local distributorship is Revere Electric.

Jeff, Where is this activity located ? Bob A