Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitsubishi_user

Cognex Dataman And QJ71E71-100 Communication

7 posts in this topic

Maybe somebody has already done communicating this two devices (Cognex<->QJ71E71-100) already? I attached my setup on Cognex Dataman Setup Tool, please share your experience on this. Thanks!

I'm not very familiar with Cognex products, but don't they have a ModbusTCP protocol built-in on their devices? Wouldn't it be easiest to use the QJ71MT91 card and run ModbusTCP which is a predefined protocol? If not, please share some specs on the Cognex side so we can help you with your challenge...

My understanding is that Mitsubishi and Cognex partnered up at least here in the USA and created some technical application notes and program examples to allow this communication.

The dataman cameras have built in MC protocol comunication that is pretty easy to set up. Check the help files in the software

I just got the communication running. Maybe the problem only was there is no enough power to run the Cognex Communication with Mitsubishi PLC. All settings I made the first time I tried to test communication failed and then I tried to have another separate DC power supply and I used the same settings and all were good.. I am glad COGNEX and Mitsubishi has partnership already, I used MC Protocol.. Thanks for your help!!!

I ran into the same problem but figured out that the Mitsubishi Ethernet Settings don't take effect until you cycle power to the CPU. Even though the parameters are in the processor and you can read them in to a new file and they show up exactly how up entered them they won't take effect until power is cycled. The only problem i have found with the MC protocol is that its not going to break any speed records.