Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ramons

Versa View indutrial runtime application help

3 posts in this topic

Good day all, i have recently made a backup of my customer's program from his current versa view (6189 Rdt 15cx), it has been faulty and thats why im changing it. i have bought the 6181F-15TSWE to use in place of the older one.(as suggested by the agents) Does anyone know how i go about running the .mer file on the new versa view, the os on the system is Windows embedded 2009. Do i need any of the rockwell software to run the .mer file? thanks in advance Edited by ramons

Good morning Ramons, Yes, you do need FactoryTalk View Machine Edition Station Runtime software (or PanelView Plus hardware) to run a .MER file. If the old system had a license you should be able to get Rockwell to reset it for free so you can add it to the new PC. Activation Support via phone and chat is also free. The only problem might be if the customer doesn't have his original installation CD's and also doesn't have a support contract, but your local office might be able to help if that's the case. Hope this helps! PS - I've never tried to install and run ViewME on embedded Windows (have always used WinXP or Win7) so if you get it working I'd love to know! Edited by Shawn Tierney

Thanks very much Shawn, i will let you know how it goes, thanks again