Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FET_Destroyer

CJ1M ethernet connection problem

9 posts in this topic

Hello Guys, I'm with a problem when trying to program a PLC over ethernet. It is a CJ1M-cpu13 with ETN21 embedded. I configured the IO by toolbus and downloaded to the cpu, but by somehow I still cannot connect via ethernet. Attached are the configurations, I have another PLC with the same configurations (except IP, different one) and it works but not with this. The rotary switches are ok, no error is shown on the PLC leds. Don't know what to do. I try ping it and no response from the PLC.

Until you can get a PING response, you will not be able to communicate.Check the Cable, upload the settings back into CX Programmer to make certain they are correct.Also, the table that you created only contains the node number and IP address of the PLC. Normally you list all IP addresses and node numbers of devices need to talk to the PLC including PCs and HMIs.

Hi PMCR, I've been adding only the IP of the PLC and is working on other devices. Mainly I use EIP21, but I also have other ETN21 in the same cpu working with that exact configurations. The cable is ok, I connected trough it on my laptop. Does the cable need to be cross or straight when connected to a switch? Edited by FET_Destroyer

The cable must be straight thru when connected to a switch. If you connected directly to your computer and succeeded, than you are using a cross cable.

Guys, Maybe I'm forgetting something, this is the project. Don't know what to do anymore. Untitled.cxp

Your picture shows the setup for the ETN card. You can remove the IP address from the IP Address Table. (See PMCR's post). Now you need to setup your connection. Double click the PLC in the project tree. You'll need to set the Network Type to Ethernet. In the Settings, input your PLC's IP address. I believe you may also have to set the FINS Node to 14. (The last octet of the IP address).

Hello IO_Rack, I've done all of that as I use to. I think there is something wrong in the ETN otherwise i can ping the board and I cannot. Today I will try again to reset and configure, don't know what to do more. Edited by FET_Destroyer

Hello Guys, Another update about this subject. The first problem on the post was in a CJ1M-CPU12-ETN, now I found another problem on another plc CJ1M-CPU13-ETN. It says that this is equivalent to a ETN21 board, I configure the board according to something like this My link but I still cannot connect it to the network. Now I have 2 plc that I cannot connect with the network, I'm sure that the problem is on my configuration but I try all the check boxes and all the alternatives and still nothing. I connect the cable to the PC and works It is necessary to do something with the CX integrator? Because right now I'm only configuring the ETN21 (21mode) on the PLC but I cannot ping none of the CPUs.

yes, it is necessary to test your connection with CX-integreator. if you can ping with cx-integrator it will be connected on another plc. it's my idea, maybe another advice can solve your problem.