Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nobyz

Q64AD scale range 4-20mA

31 posts in this topic

Im new to Mitsubishi only worked with Siemens earlier. Im trying to scale my analog inputs on a Q64AD card, I want to set the range to 0-600 and in the manual the normal/high resolution on 4-20mA input is maximum 4095 or 12287. Is it the gain to adjust in user range setting? Does anyone have an example on how to Got a bit confused reading tha manual of the card. Thanks

Normally done in the software editor (just do scaling using ladder). What software and which language in the software are you using? You can also adjust the card, but depending on which software you are using that might be a bit more tricky....

Ok, im using GX Works2 and everything is in ladder since its a A-cpu,Melsec code thats been converted to a new Q-cpu.

You can add the Q64AD card in the left side menu and set all the parameters there in the GUI. It's very easy. Give it a try and let us know if there's any problems...

Ive added the card as a: intelligen function module, its working but the scale is in the "deafult" resolution. I want to scale the cahannels to 0-6000 where can i set those parameters? Added a screenshot of the view AI setting.pdf

Sorry, it wasn't that easy. You can register the module to GW2 monitoring by right-clicking the module (xxxx: Q64AD) and select "Register to Intelligent Function Module Monitor". You will get a window in the lower right corner (default location) with the default buffer memory addresses. Scroll down to "User Range Setting" at the bottom where you can select offset/gain values for each channel. For reference, channel 1 has U0\G210 and U0\G211 as offset and gain. This is for monitoring purpouse. In your program you need to use TO instructions and move your offset/gain values to the according buffer memories that you see in the windows described above. All in all: It's easier to just implement a simple SCALE function in your ladder code instead of setting offset/gain in the module. This is because the offset/gain are stored within the intelligent function module and not easily accessible from the outside. I know it's a bummer, but that's the way it is. Here's a screenshot from a structured ladder scaling function for INT's (16-bit dataregister). It's really easy...

Just convert the number to REAL and perform a simple multiply. The newer cards like Q64ADN have a scaling feature built in. Maybe you should consider a newer analog module.

Ok, Thanks for all the help! Since all the code in my program is Melsec converted everything is in Ladder and global labels are not used. If i create a new structured ladder/FBD program with the scaleing code in my project can i use direct adressed inputs (AI channel) and data register instead of global labels?

hallo kaare, i don't understand the structured ladder, can please explain in ladder ?

I'm not very familiar with Simple Ladder, maybe someone else will do this conversion quickly for you (however this forum is not intended to do the programming for you, it's meant to simply guide you in the process). Otherwise, PM me and I'll send you a quote for this project.

Okay, so sorry...im do not know about that rules ....

That's not any rule, it's more of a common way. Forums won't normally actually do the programming for you, that's up to you. So in example; I posted a picture of a working function in Structured Ladder to help you. Then you want it in Simple Ladder, since I don't have any example in simple ladder then I must use a lot of time to convert it to structured ladder which I don't do for free. You could try contacting members on the forum that use Simple Ladder more than me and see if they maybe has a finished working example. Alternatively, an option that is better: Simply open a Structured Ladder project, write the function I posted, download it to the PLC, upload it into a Simple Project in GW2... That could be an option for you to have it in Simple Ladder...

this should be straight forward and universal. can you just convert raw analog input from integer to a floating point and implement following: In : actual input (unscaled value) InMin : input range min InMax : input range max Out : actual output (scaled value) OutMin : output range min OutMax : output range max the "formula" for linear scaling is: Out = [(In-InMin)*(OutMax-OutMin)/(InMax-InMin)] + OutMin if needed convert result back to integer...

Try this block http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1011 It's easy to use and will do the job for you I made it for GX IEC Dev. but I'm sure you can use it in GX Works too

@Bryll: Read the complete post, he uses Simple Ladder without labels, so FBs are not an option....

Sorry, my bad

hahaha, after a day ...im still very confuse about the manual... try agains tommorow

Did you look at the scaling command in the Q Series? SCL or SCL2 They allow for a very adjustable non-linear scale with numerous points, but if you only set two points, you get a nice linear scale.

my situation is, im using a 64ad - connect to 2 diffrential pressure transmitter.. 4-20mA controling VSD Frequency via cc-link to ramp up or ramp down VSD speed.... station-12 mov RXn0 d0 (chn1 A/D ) mov RXn1 d1 (chn2 A/D) + d0 d1 d100 / d100 k2 d200 station-14 ld RXnD , mov d200 d4 set RYnD (vsd Frequency setting completion (RAM) is this a correct way? or i miss something else? Any idea would be much appreciated... Edited by alvis

I'm no Simple Ladder expert, but the program looks correct to me.

tq kaare, i will try this on site then update =)

regarding to my post above.... i has send the figure(0-4000) (4-20mA) to VSD RYnD (vsd frequency setting completion (RAM) But Why the VSD still remain on 30hZ, its does not ramp up or ramp down... Edited by alvis

When you monitor the Xs and Ys in your program while sending the commands, are they persistent, or do they go on then off again immideately? And also: You should really comment a little, it would be a lot easier to read the program.

nope, they are not presistent.... they like a figure keep jumping around... but if i blow the tupe (diffrent pressure switch) maximum figure is 4095... btw, what kind of signal Current / voltage , does VFD receive? im thinking...isit the VFD parameter need to be setting to receive signal? Edited by alvis