Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Funny Allen Bradley Video - What the HECK!?

10 posts in this topic

What the heck was Rockwell Automation smoking in 1997 when they made this video? This is pretty hard core, can you understand EVERYTHING this dude is trying to tell you? whatthe.zip

thanks, chako ... I needed that ... I listened to it three times and I STILL couldn't find the part about the "flux capacitor" ... but I know it must be in there somewhere ... Ron PS ... and this just goes to show that when someone tells you to "burn the tapes" you really should listen to them ...

I think most people will get a kick out of it. AB must have been out to impress someone with that video. I wonder if it ever "aired" or what it's purpose was...pretty geeky...

For a number of years now, work has been proceeding to bring perfection to the crudely conceived idea of a machine that would not only supply inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such a machine is the "turbo-encabulator." Basically, the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the medial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive directance. The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in direct line with the pentametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzelvanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbline was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-0-delta type placed in panendermic semiboiloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremie pipe to the differential gridlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters. In addition, whenever a barescent skor motion is required, it may be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocating dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration. Undoubtedly, the turbo-encabulator has now reached a very high level of technical development. It has been successfully used for operating nofer trunnions. From what I can gather, this was written back in the '40s Here's a link.

Whoa 93lt1, That's pretty amazing link.

I would say so, how in the heck did you know that???

WOW I was compleatly lost after the first sentince .... I am still not realy sure I know what the hell they are talking about......

Uhhhh???? Ok Thats enough to make a person feel stupid.

It's a joke, fellas ! The "Retro-Encabulator" is an updated skit on the classic 1940's "Turbo-Encabulator" essay, which was of course a brilliant exercise in engineering technospeak at the time. I think this was made as an icebreaker for Automation Fair 1997 in Nashville, but that was just before I joined the Company and I've only seen it when we haul it out for yuks between class sessions.

I was at that Nashville Automation Fair too, and I don't remember seeing that... I must have missed it. Well it's a good joke, funnier than heck!