Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

SLC PID help

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was wondering where I should look for this problem that I have. I have attached a screen dump from a PID. Can someone tell me why there is no Output? Thanks, Conor slc_pid.bmp

First step would be to set Output Max to something higher than 0%.

Typical, didn't see that. I was troubleshooting this problem today and will take a look again tomorrow

Post the whole program if you can, its .RSS file. You also have the control mode set for direct/forward acting. The process varible would have to be greater then the setpoint for the output(CV) to increase. Is that what you want? See picture below Edited by Mickey

Hi Mickey, I am not sure if I am allowed post directly to the forum because of IP. It is a program from a vendor that we don't have any contact with now. I checked this morning and have attached another screendump from code. Output is now set? Conorslc_pid_1.bmp

The way you have your PID set up ( direct Acting) the CV (output) will eventually go to zero as long as the process variable (PV) is lower then the setpoint. Are you sure you don't want reverse acting ( E=SP-PV). Also as JohnM said I would enable the output limit CV and set the min/max to 0-100, this will help the PID from winding up/down to much ( anti-windup) Edited by Mickey