Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Emailed: Convert RSLOGIX to WORD

6 posts in this topic

oswaldo garcia (oswaldcsi@hotmail.com) on Tuesday, September 7, 2004 at 11:58:51 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- question: Usage comments: how i can convert to see ladder of rslogix on word or another program thanks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe your best bet is going to be to install Adobe Acrobat and make a PDF of your RS Logix programs. I don't know of anyway to make a WORD doc from your RS Logix. Unless you store the RAW rung commands from RS Logix in the word file.

there are programs (so called "printer driver") that appear like regular printer. When you print to it ("PDF printer"), it doesn't use any paper - it simply creates PDF files that can be edited using Acrobat or distributed the way they are.

you can copy/paste the logic from the RSLogix program to an empty word doc. this is the only way to actually re-use the code. It does NOT however, encrypt the op codes.

When I need to register PLC changes in a Word document, first, in the RSLogix ladder I follow these steps: 1.-Select the rung to copy, 2.- type <CTRL-C>, 3.- In an open Paintbrush file, I type <CTRL-V> as a block, 4.- I type <CTRL-C> again, and finnaly, 5.- In a Word document type <CTRL-V> to paste the rung copied from RSLogix. It applies for ALL RSLogix (5,500,5000) programs I use I hope it be useful for you

If I'm creating a user's manual for a client and need to paste in a section of code for reference (as an image). I use ALT+PRT SCR to capture the RSLogix ladder to the clipboard. Then I paste the image into Word. I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but... Also, I use Word and Excel to create/edit code. You can select the rungs you want in RSLogix, Copy them to the clipboard, then paste them into Word. Search/Replace for "EOR SOR" replace with "EOR^pSOR". This gets all your rungs onto one line. Then select all, copy and paste into Excel. Now you have a separate row for each rung in Excel. Hope this helps!