Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnd_125

big Wonderware migration

6 posts in this topic

I have a customer with a WW application that is around 15 years old. Version 7.0, I believe? They have agreed to upgrade it and I'm considering supplying them with 2014 Version. Will this application upgrade with minimum of problems and re-do or am I looking at a disaster in the making? TIA

This upgrade won't be a huge undertaking, you only need to convert the application and configure the DAServers to match up the access names. Will you be using the IDE environment or just a stand alone setup?

Its a technically a standalone system, but rather extensive in numbers of tags and devices connected.

Just need to map out the respective PLC's or devices within the DAServer and make sure the access names match with the application after you convert the Intouch program. Edited by Cookie Monster

I say it is a standalone system but turns out it does save csv files to a networked server. Thanks for the help.

I am not sure if the migration from V7 to V10.6 is that easy. You may need to do a couple of intermediate steps between versions to get there. Speak to your WW agent to be sure. I would be looking at getting a historian to save your data rather than the CSV files too