Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
exodus

Setup of new XBTGT5230

7 posts in this topic

Hi Friends, I have purchased a new XBTGT5230 intended to replace our old unit because it is already starting to show problems. We tried to use the old CF card of the old touch panel but there was an error which says " Can't load the program". My questions : 1.0 Do we need a software to configure the new touch panel, if so what software will we use to configure the new Touch Panel? 2.0 How will we transfer the program from the old CF card to the new CF card? 3.0 Are there restrictions on the program transfer process because the new CF card is 4 Gig while the old CF card is less than 1 Gig. Need your valuable inputs on this one. Thanks, Exodus Edited by exodus

1. Vijeo Designer (not the lite version) is the software needed 2. Normally you should be able to copy all the files inside the old cf card onto the new one and plug into the new screen and it should upload. That is provided the old program was downloaded to the cf card and wasnt used for just data gathering. Also everytime i used a third party cf card (not from schneider) i have had problems. 3. Im not sure if this will cause a problem. I doubt it because you can use usb memory sticks of all sizes and shapes for the same purpose as the cf card Do you have a *.vdz file for the screen? Edited by cHud

Hi cHud, Thanks for the response. To answer your question, yes there is a *.vdz file present in the CF card. File name : Z524SE-0.VDZ As additional information, I suspect that the purchased Touch Panel is not a new one. I'm not really sure but during start-up there is already a program that executes when the unit is turned-on. Here's what we have done to simulate what you have inputted by using a USB flash drive. 1.0 Removed the New CF card. Copied the files on the old CF(running and operational) card to a USB flash drive. 2.0 Inserted the USB flash drive to the Touch Panel. Power on the Touch Panel. Result : The program executed is different from the program. It is of Chinese characters. This is the reason why I suspect that there is a program already installed in the Touch Panel. My addtional questions. 1.0 Are we going to use the Video designer to remove the installed program? 2.0 Can we configure the touch panel so as to run the program present on the USB flash drive without using the Video Designer. - I asked this because we have not purchased a Video Designer yet. 3.0 Is it possible to change the default language to English instead of Chinese using the touch panel only? thanks and regards, Arnel

If you have a valid vdz file then you can download this from vijeo designer to a usb flash disk.(with the correct settings selected the screen will ask if you want to load this program). The flash disk must be formatted in FAT32 for this to work. Maybe that is your problem when copying the old files onto the new cf card or usb flash disk. Attached is a way to get to the config menu of the screen(where you can change the language). Now they could have chosen any method or none which wont give you access to this option. Alternatively send me the vdz file you want to load and i can download the files to usb with the settings you want and mail the files back to you which you can paste in a fat32 usb flash disk and upload. Just pm me for a email adress

Hi Chud, We purchased a Vijeo Designer 6.1 software to configure the newly purchased touch panel. The problem is that the old program was created using version 4.3. Is there a way we can modify the program using the version 6.1? If there is, how? Please advice. Thanks. regards, Arnel

I might be wrong but i think you can only load programs on 6.1 from 4.5 upwards. So you would need to have a 4.5 version running (I think any version up to 5.) Then open the 4.3 and save and export. Then open with 6.1

I realize this is an old topic. If you want to use an old project done in Vijeo Designer 4.3 in Vijeo Designer 6.1 (Or 6.2) you can do the following: 1) Export project from Vijeo Designer 4.3 2) Import project into Vijeo Designer 4.6 (Or similar that allows you to) 3) Export from Vijeo Designer 4.6 4) Import into newest version 6.1 / 6.2