Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Novice

How to Calculate scan time?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have tryed to calculate the scan time for a program written in GXWorks2 with 3220 steps on an Mitsubishi FX3U-16MT-DSS plc and I get it to 0,5ms somehow I doubt this is correct, I have tryed to search the manuals but I dont get it I think, I think the I/O´s are not added to the 0,5ms or I am completely wrong here. If anyone could help me with a formual for how to calculate this, I would be very happy,

Read the following registers: D8010 Actual scan time D8011 Shortest scan time D8012 Longest scan time All values are in units of 0,1mS

I was also wondering the same thing as Bryll mentioned. Do you want to know the actual scan time, or do you want to theoretically calculate the scantime (and if so, why do you want that)??

I want to know the theoretical scan time, the reason is I am not in the same country as the PLC/Machine in question, I did change the program to fit an FX3G and I have read the D8010 and get the value "5" so I assume that means 0,5ms? But I would like to know the theoretical scan time for the FX3U, and was wondering if ther is any way to calculate that?

FX3U data Basic Instructions: 0.065 µs / instruction (Contact Instruction) Applied Instructions: 0.642 µs / instruction (MOV Instruction) FX3G data Basic Instructions: 0.21µs / instruction (Contact Instruction) That's from Mitsubishis web FX3U is faster than FX3G Never had time critical issues so I had to calculate the scan time before.