Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Website Design Help - Support Section Layout

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out a better layout for our support content. http://www.theautomationstore.com/support/ We used to have all the content on a single page but as it has grown it became confusing to navigate. We grouped it as you at the link above but as I try to think like a customer trying to find information, I seem to get caught in an infinite loop navigating it which would get frustrating fast. I've searched and searched for that magical layout for a tech support section but all I come up with is tech support outsourcing, how to offer good tech support, and jobs for tech support personnel. I figure you guys are pretty much my target audience. Can you have a look at it and give me some advice and suggestions? Thanks TW

Might sound a bit silly... but look at a PLC vendor site.... for example - https://www.omron.com.au/ under service and support... just an idea...

They do have a nice support layout. I think I will borrow some ideas from it. Thanks Sleepy.

Site looks very good. i like the forum it that you have added as well. I just clicked on a couple of links and had to use the back button to get back there first. When I looked a little harder I found that I could get back via the Supprt link above. So I think that if you had larger tabs across the top to navigate back to support home. I have done a few web pages for work (internel) and I have fond that when I made the tabs larger that the end user didn't have as many questions when the pages went live. Conor

Thanks Conor I agree, tabs may make it easier to navigate. I'll put it on the list of things to try.