Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vitalbullet

1747-SN Configuration

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I need dire help for my PLC assignment, i'm trying to configure 1747-SN RIO scanner. The Comms light is blinking red. I checked my cables and made sure its functional. The project contains 6 neumatic actuators, all with advance and retract features. All the air lines and presasure regulators are already set up, I am just building the program, connecting to the PLC, and creating an HMI panelview interface. I am having some trouble connecting to the plc, this is the equipment I am using: SLC 5/05 1747-L551 (Slot 1) 1746-NT4 Analog 4 Ch Thermocoupe Input (Slot 1) 1746-NI4 Analog 4 Channel Input Module (Slot 2) 1746-NO4I Analog 4 Ch. Current Output (Slot 3) 1746-IB16 16 Input (SINK) 24VDC (Slot 4) 1746-OW16 16 Output (RLY) 240 VAC 1747-SN RIO Scanner (Slot 6) This is what I am trying to connect to: 1794-ASB RIO Adapter 1794-0A8 Flex I/O x 2 (output) 1794-IB16 Flex I/O (sink input) The picture i've attached is my G-File configuration. Can someone please lead me in the right direction and kindly assist me if I am missing anything. Thank you.

Hi vitalbullet, Hope you go tit working but if not here's some thoughts: #1 Insure RIO Terminal 1 on the SN is going to RIO Terminal 1 on the ASB. Typically, RIO Terminal is connected to the BLUE wire, but as long as 1 goes to 1, 2 goes to 2, and shield goes to shield it should work. (note - some RIO device TBs wire backwards , but the label is always correct so just wire 1 to 1, etc) #2 Since you have 3 IO modules, in single slot addressing mode (by far the most common and possibly the only option with FlexIO?) you would need to set this up as 1/2 rack (1 or 2 modules would be 1/4 rack, 3 to 4 modules would be 1/2 rack.) Hope this helps, Edited by Shawn Tierney