Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cschlue

[Factory Talk ME] Any way to Not write to a tag when a statement is False

1 post in this topic

I'm trying to find out if Factory Talk supports the ability to not write to a tag if the expression is not true. and an example would be. If {PART_SELECT_A} == 1 Then {PROGRAM_1} Else If {PART_SELECT_A} == 2 Then {PROGRAM_2} Else If {PART_SELECT_A} == 3 Then {PROGRAM_3} Else If {PART_SELECT_A} == 4 Then {PROGRAM_4} Else If {PART_SELECT_A} == 5 Then {PROGRAM_5} Else If {PART_SELECT_A} == 6 Then {PROGRAM_6} Else If {PART_SELECT_A} == 7 Then {PROGRAM_7} Else If {PART_SELECT_A} == 8 Then {PROGRAM_8} Else If {PART_SELECT_A} == 9 Then {PROGRAM_9} Else If {PART_SELECT_A} == 10 Then {PROGRAM_10} Else {Part_Selected} In that example i'm writing the same tag to it's self, but this causes issues when i need to loop through several blocks of tags (Since expressions have an incredibly low character limit, which wouldn't matter if parameters worked in tags or there was a way to make a variable tag.) and only the final block will properly write to the tag even though technically it should just re-write the previous true statement. Any thoughts?