Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jazzplayermark

Rslogix 500 activation?

4 posts in this topic

I purchased this software from an individual. It came with a CD and a zip drive. The CD has the rslogix500 and rslinx software which installed ok (i think). The zip drive only has one file, a text file with the license numbers on it. I used the license number when installing rslogix 500 and the installation program seemed to like it. Now the problem. When I run the rslogix 500 application I immediately get a message that says the software hasn't been activated and it will expire in 7 days. I tried to follow the instructions given in the message, but when I look for the factorytalk activation program, it doesn't exist. Now I'm wondering if what I bought is a legitimate software. Should I be able to see other files on the zip drive? thanks Edited by jazzplayermark

What version of the RSLogix 500? Are you sure it's of Factory Talk type activation? Edited by Sergei Troizky

A ZIP drive, like the old 100MB IOMEGA ZIP drives ? That's a blast from the past ! If the ZIP disk didn't have a file called EVMOVE.SYS on it (try enabling Windows to show System files) then it doesn't have an old-fashioned EVRSI activation. You can also try pointing the EVMOVECF.EXE utility (available from the RA Knowledgebase) at the ZIP disk. Was the text file a *.LIC file, or just a TXT file with the serial numbers ? RA licenses are transferrable; I do this all the time with software we purchase, use for development and installation, then sell to our end customers. You just have to fill out a form transferring the license to the new owner. RA software is expensive and specialized and therefore very commonly pirated. For example, I have never seen a legitimate offer of RSI software on eBay. If you really bought this from an individual it's more likely that you just need to fill out the transfer paperwork and use FactoryTalk Activation. Download and install the FactoryTalk Activation Manager software, and it will guide you through the process of choosing a hardware ID to use in conjunction with your product code and serial number to generate a *.LIC text file. https://activate.rockwellautomation.com/