Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenwei8011

Wonderware Intouch 9.5 Full project backup

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, I would like to do a system backup for a Wonderware Intouch 9.5. I managed to backup the project file simply by copy the entire application folder. But I have no idea how can I backup the SMC configuration setting. Should I just copy the ".aacfg" file type? In fact, I going to upgrade the wonderware Intouch 9.5 to 10.5, the existing system is running on WindowsXP and the new PC come with Windows 7 OS. Do anyone have any suggestion or advise, anything should I take note of? Sorry for the broken english.. Thanks.

Hi, Normally if you are upgrading from 9.x to 10.x, Wonderware should be able to assist you with the migration. There are various tech notes on configuring Wonderware that are freely available out there. The SMC settings should come across, but if you still have the old XP PC running you should be able to set-up the new PC the same. I thikk that there is migration manual on the installation DVD that comes with a new install of Wonderware as well. This should assist you as well. Conor