Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RockwellSA

Allen Bradley Industrial computer issue

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys/Gals I have a customer with a versa view part no. 6189 RDT 15CX. I would like to know how do i backup the program running on it at the moment as i want to replace it with a newer model, 6181F-15TSWE. Do you know if the newer version will be the same as the previous version? thanks guys

Is it a local application or it is distributed? If it is local, you will need FactoryTalk View Machine Edition Station. You could transfer the Runtime application via USB media, however, the existing Runtime application might not be compatible with the newer terminal firmware. if you want to retrieve and eventually Restore/Archive/Backup the application file you will need FactoryTalk View Studio ME. http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellsoftware/performance/view/orderinginfo.html If it is a distributed application, your customer's FactoryTalk View SE system is "serving" the application file hence there is no need for a "terminal" backup.

Its a Local application, how do i upload the runtime file and make it run on the newer platform. Ok thanks, i will try upload the file for now.

Use the Configuration Mode/Application Settings -File Menu (Copy Applications) from Internal Storage to External Storage (present USB media). The only way you could create a different revision Runtime (matching the FTV Machine Edition Station running on the Machine revision!) is by using the FactoryTalk View Studo ME software.