Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pembuk

Micro 830 communication by ASCII protocol with bar code reader

12 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I'm trying to establish communication via serial port (SERIALSOL) with bar code reader from Leuze (BCL 8). Bar code reader can communicate via RS232 with ASCII protocol. Could some one explain me how to use this communication. I can not find any sample code where ASCII communication is used. May be you have one :) ? BCL requires to send a command from PLC (like 'V', some times with parameter) and wait for acknowledgement which will contains reply for my command. I can not find in my CCW blocks for ASCII which will enables uses of these kind of infromation (command with parameter and acknowledgement). Please help me if you have some experience with ASCII communication by Micro 800. Kind regard, Przemek

You will find a couple of examples at http://search.rockwellautomation.com/search?q=Micro800+ASCII&filter=0&num=20&getfields=*&btnG=Search&client=samplecode&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=samplecode&ulang=en&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&entqrm=2&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ud=1&exclude_apps=1&site=sample_code

Hi again, Thanks for this link, it was really useful. Now I have another problem. I'm using ARL and AWA instruction for read and write commands to my barcode reader. Unfortunately these instructions are not executed in program. They are executed only ones when I switched on the scanner. Comm indicator flash only ones as well. I have no idea what could be a problem. Could you please check my program? It's really simply. May some one used this kind of communication in their program with succes and can share it with me to show how to use this protocol with ccw? przemek ASCII_COMM.zip

I would help if the software wasn't 1.7gb. I've tried several times to download it. Can you post a PDF?

Hi, If you still want to know I can send you my application. It wokrs fine now.

Sure I would appreciate that.

I would also like to see the working code. I am doing a fairly similar project. I am using a Micro820 to read the weight from a scale using ASCII, dump the cart into a dumpster, add the weight to the cumulative value of what has been dumped and then SMS using a Prosoft SMS module when the dumpster is full. Right now I am working on getting the scale to communicate with the PLC. I am new to CCW and would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

Hi, Sparky. Thanks for your nice sharing. I wonder whether it is the latest version of the Barcode Reader? I am also looking for a fine barcode scanner whose way of processing is simple and fast to help me scan aztec barcode. It will be better if it offers free trials for users to check. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Pan

Hi guys,

It seems that I probably forgot to attach my program to this topic. Karll asked me to send it to him, so I put it here as well.

BR,

Przemek

BarCode.rar

Hi, I am trying to download this file but its not downloading

Works for me.  And the file opened/expanded properly.  Are you using Antivirus that doesn't permit RAR files?