Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoubleL

1394 servo RIO outputs not working

1 post in this topic

OK guys, I know this is going way back but I am sure there are some guys who have seen this before. I have a 1394 servo running a 2 axis pick and place connected to a PLC5 via RIO. This is on an old machine that was just moved to another location. I verified that the pick and place worked before disconnecting it for the move. Now I have it all powered up again and I am having trouble getting it to run. I can get online with GML Commander and turn on feedback, home both axis, move them but I am having trouble getting the output to the PLC to work which won't allow me to run in auto. I can see all of my inputs from the PLC but in monitoring the outputs for the RIO adapter they all stay at zero like they are being told to stay off. It has been about 8 years since I last worked on one of these so I am rusty and I am sure it is something simple that I am missing. I have checked all of the wiring and everything looks good there. All my lights are good with just the axis module lights flashing green until I manually turn on the feedback then they go solid green. I have no faults. Any help would greatly be appreciated as I need to have this thing running by next week. Thanks, Larry